- Interdisciplinary Minor in Communication Sciences
Program Coordinator: Luciana Lessa Rodrigues (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Interdisciplinary Minor in Communication Sciences is designed to offer undergraduate students an organized set of classes that will enhance their major coursework and prepare them to apply for graduate programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD).
The goal of the Interdisciplinary Minor in Communication Sciences is to support the completion of courses that are required by Master’s programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders nationally. By completing this minor, students will be able to obtain knowledge in a variety of disciplines that are required for acceptance in a graduate program in CSD.
Recommended Courses for Area A-F
Students should enter the Communication Sciences minor having taken course prerequisites needed for entrance into their planned program of study. Below is a list of courses that are prerequisites for courses included as options in the Communication Sciences minor. Students should plan their desired program of study and identify which prerequisites they need to fulfill.
- BIOL 1103K Introductory Biology I (4)
- MATH 1070 Elementary Statistics (3)
- PHYS 2030 Physics of Music and Speech (3)
- PSYC 1101 Intro to General Psychology (3)
- SCOM 1010 Voice and Articulation (3)
Required Courses for the Interdisciplinary Minor (15-18)
Students pursuing the interdisciplinary minor in Communication Sciences must take five courses. No more than two of the courses counting towards the minor can have the same course prefix.
- Choose two of the following:
- Choose three of the following:
- AL 3041 Second Language Acquisition (3)
- EXC 4020 Characteristics and Instructional Strategies for Students with Disabilities (3)
- EXC 4370 American Sign Language I (3)
- CSD 4360 Anatomy and Physiology for Communication (3)
- CSD 4480 Hearing Sciences and Disorders (3)
- CSD 4490 Audiologic Rehabilitation (3)
- CSD 4320 Introduction to Language Disorders (3)
- [GERO 4475/]SCOM 4475 Communication and Aging (3)
- GERO 4610/PSYC 4610 Psychology of Aging (3)
- SCOM 3000 Phonetics (3)
- SCOM 4410 Communication Disorders (3)
- SCOM 4980 Internship (3)
- SCOM 4800 Communication and Diversity (3)
- SCOM 4440 Speech Science (3)
- SCOM 4400 Communication and Language Development Across the Lifespan (3)
- PSYC 4040 Developmental Psychology (3)
- PSYC 4400 Psychology of the Atypical Child (3)